With a customer of ours we have set them up their own full BGP network, split across two of our London sites. With advice from us we have
- Helped them join RIPE as an LIR
- Helped them apply for an IPv6 /32 and an ASN
- Set up a full BGP IPv6 only network
- Helped them apply for a final /22 of IPv4 space
- Configured this in the global routing table
They have the option to now cable or fibre direct to peering exchanges and other ISPs should they wish to do so on individual machines hosted within our rackspace. In the mean time they’re taking advantage of our co-location, out of band access to their routers via serial and our IPv4 and IPv6 transit.